Onewetleg

The Trouble With You Is You're Right

January 12, 2006

Ugh, today.

I was trying to pay my student loan payment today and of course forgot the generated password they gave me. I clicked on the "forgot your password" button and they asked me my secret question, when I gave the secret answer the screen said my account was suspended. Ack! what? It was suspended last month because I was late in paying, my fault. I called and they gave me a new password and I used it and fine, fine. I paid the fine.
This month I was not late. So, why are you making it so hard for me to give you my money?

I found the contact number to call the outsourced helpline thing. Entered my soc#, entered my address, entered my zip code, entered my home phone number, went thru menu hell and pretty soon just started pounding keys until the automated voice finally agreed to let me talk to an operator. They answered with a heavy accent, of course. I'm all ready frustrated and now I can't understand the person who is supposed to help me. He asked for my soc#, my address, my zip code, my home phone number. Sigh. I listened to his blurb and told him that the website wouldn't let me in and was telling me I'm late in paying (which I wasn't), and he said he would generate me a NEW password and email it to me.

"Can you just give me the new password over the phone? Or how about even if I just pay over the phone, can we do that?"
"No, soory, mom, we can't do dat."
"Why not?" by now I was just feeling like being a brat. I knew why not.
"It's not in our policy."
Fine. I give him my email and he promises the new pword in 15 minutes or less.

THREE HOURS LATER

Still no email. I call again. I entered my soc#, entered my address, entered my zip code, entered my home phone number, went thru menu hell and pretty soon just started pounding keys until the automated voice finally agreed to let me talk to an operator.

When this one started asking me for my soc#, addy, zip and phone, I was really feeling like being a brat and told her she already had the info, I just entered it all in the phone, she could look at the screen and it would all be there.
"Why are you making it so hard for me to pay you? Do you think someone is going to hack into my account and illegally pay off my student loan?"

She asked for my email and told me she would send me a new password. I told her that's what the last guy said, and last month the person I talked to gave me the new pword over the phone, and could she please, pretty please, just give it to me?

She gave it to me. I knew the last guy was a liar.
I made my payment and then laid my head down on my cool, cool desk for a minute.

I feel like I'm getting a cold. Coughy and achy.
I had some hot spicy soup for dinner and took an alleve. Hope that will help.

I'm going to bed early. Tomorrow is Friday and we have Monday off. Woot!