Onewetleg

The Trouble With You Is You're Right

January 06, 2006

Frente!

Every time I think of you
I get a shot right through
Into a bolt of blue
It's no problem of mine
But it's a problem I find
Living the life that I can't leave behind
There's no sense in telling me
The wisdom of a fool won't set you free
But that's the way that it goes
And it's what nobody knows
And every day my confusion grows


I know, posting song lyrics sucks, but this song has been in my head for a while.
On my Yahoo Launchcast (which I listen to all day at work and have a "fanatic" rating when it comes to me rating songs) I have mostly old school punk, and some new punk that doesn't suck. Johnny Cash is allowed to drop in once in a while because he was just as punk as fuck. (oops, well, Johnny wouldn't have minded, he dropped the f-bomb quite a bit) I have one Billy Joel song, the one about Catholic girls starting much to late, a whole bunch of the Cure, other assorted bands that, in my opinion, don't suck, and that song.

Bizzare Love Triangle by Frente!

"Why Bizzare Love Triangle by Frente!", you ask?

Well, I remember drunkenly singing it into a washing machine (the acoustics were good, shut up)with my very good friend. I had never heard the song and she taught it to me one night when we drank too much vodka and ate pot brownies.
It was the mid-nineties.
I was just really getting into the swing of my heroin habit and those good times with friends were getting fewer and farther between. Heroin doesn't like it when you see other people. She gets cranky, to say the least.

I was nearing the end of a very happy time in my life, all though I didn't know it then.

I don't know what the point of all this is, but that song, along with having a really swell memory attatched to it, reminds me of how I feel about Egg.

But that's the way that it goes
And it's what nobody knows
And every day my confusion grows