Onewetleg

The Trouble With You Is You're Right

January 10, 2006

Oh, my gods! JJ has a what?!

One of Egg's flatmates was locked out of the house the other day and while trying to climb up a ladder to the second floor to crawl in through the window, she fell, hitting her head on a stand pipe on the way down and breaking some ribs when she hit the ground.
I'm not sure of her exact age, but I'm sure she is over fifty and probably pushing sixty.

Things like this are why, even though I used to be totally against them, I think more people should have cellular phones.
There. I said it.
Some people do use them irresponsibly, and annoyingly, but if this woman had had one, she could have called someone in the flat to let her in.

I finally broke down and got one a few months ago. My landline is always plugged into this laptop and I needed another way for people to get ahold of me.
I bought the cheapest phone and the cheapest plan, no long distance, no caller id, no texting, photos, video, streaming crap or anything else. Just unlimited calls in the local area. Yep. If I ever get locked out, I can call my landlord and make him come let me in, so I don't have to fall off a damn ladder, damnit.

I'm done ranting.