Onewetleg

The Trouble With You Is You're Right

January 23, 2006

That Much Closer

Bos came into the room and said she needed to see me for a minute.
OOK.
I hate when they say that.
She took me to an empty room and handed me a piece of paper with my new job description and said, "Congratulations, you just got promoted."
I now have the word "senior" in my job title. And I'm salaried now, too. It's a considerable raise.

WTF?

I'm still stunned.
It's not sinking in. I'm salaried. I'm still poor, but not so much so now. I'll have to wait and see my next paystub to know how much it really is.
(not so much so now? it looks funny. I'm leaving it)

Oh, what's going to happen when they find out? That I'm faking it and really have no idea what I'm doing.

Hoo boy. I think I'm having a lil old panic attack.
OK, no, I'm fine, thanks. No problem.

Of course there will be more responsibility, too. I will be in charge of more of the payment duties and handling non-paying bidders. Yay, collections. Well, I'm pretty good at that.

I will be second in charge under Bos.

I got frikken promoted ohgodohgodohgodohgod Promoted frikken got I





I know, I said that already, but hey, I got a promotion. I didn't even ask for one. Huh!