Onewetleg

The Trouble With You Is You're Right

January 22, 2006

And just like that,I lost my head

He called at my window. I told him if he wanted to see me I would be at the pub after three.
I went. Co-worker #1 showed up, #2 did not even after having a little fit about not being invited last weekend.
Fat free burger and lots of free pool. Watching cartoons on the tv. Drinking drinks.
I told the bartender I had a cold and wanted a hot toddy. She didn't have a microwave, but made me one with hot tap water, rum and tuaca. also the juice of a whole lemon. It was heaven.

He never came. Regardless, or perhaps because,I had a wonderful time. I love my Sunday pub days.

Walked home at the very reasonable hour of around 6 pm.
Drink more, watch tv, pass out.
"coney" I hear out the window.
"what do you want?"
"blah blah blah."
he asked me if I was coming over later.
I said blah blah.
Later I went over to his.
It was nice, there were snuggles.
I fell asleep and woke up around ten pm. No lights. I had to pee. I was terrified that I might step on him or fall down and break something. I got up very slowly and made my blind way to the bathroom.
When I got back it was still pitch black and I said "I can't see, I am afraid I may fall down or trip on something".
He said, "shut up or get out." I chose the latter.
Feeling around for my sweater and keys in the dark. Found my shoes and split.

It's so nice to be home.
Am I really so lonely? Not really. I enjoy being alone with my thoughts. I like having time to write and read.

It was nice, the almost three days with out him. I missed him but not so much. I think I could get over him.

I know there is someone else out there for me.
I will never give up.