Onewetleg

The Trouble With You Is You're Right

October 12, 2006

I woke up late. 8:15. Groaned and got up. I went to the bathroom and the cleaning lady was crying in the kitchen. I mean really crying, loud audible sobs. Holding a spray bottle and kneeling infront of the kitchen window, sort of leaning out the window and sobbing. I said, "Oh, Dora, are you ok?" She sobbed affirmatively and I went on my way. When I came out she was still sobbing so I asked her again if she was all right. She said yeah and I was in a hurry to get across town for my 9:30 appt.

I got dressed and ran to the busstop, a 49 was there waiting to take me to 16th st to catch the 22 to Sacramento st. Crazy guy on the 22, talking to himself the whole way. A woman was speaking loudly on her phone in Spanish and Crazy guy pulled out a cell phone and pretended to have a loud, animated conversation in fluent gibberish. It was hilarious and the whole back of the bus was trying not to laugh.

I saw the guy that I came to San Francisco with from the window of the 22. Sean. He's still out there. Homeless and crossing Market st at Church. He was all wrapped in a blanket with just his face poking out. I saw him from behind first and thought it looked like his walk. Then we passed him and there was his face.

I arrived at the dentist office at exactly 9:30 and filled out the papers. I felt like someone was watching me, but when I looked around all I saw was a coatrack. As soon as I put the pen down, Monika came out and pounced. "Onewetleg? yes, come right this way", she said in a heavy German accent. She deposited me in the comfy chair and got an x-ray of me real quick. Then the doctor came in. Dr Michael. He looks a lot like Erik's dad, which wasn't a bad thing. Erik's dad is good looking and soft spoken. The dentist was too. He looked in my mouth and said, "yup, that tooth is non functioning and has a big cavity, besides. Let's get it out" at which time I fell deeply in love with him.

I asked him if he needed me to take out my jewelry and he said, no, it shouldn't be a problem. "Really? Every other dentist has made me take my jewelry out for everything."
"That's just silly," he said. At which point I immaculatley concieved his child.

Having a tooth pulled is a lot like sex.
You lay down in an uncomfortable position and open wide. Then you feel a little prick and he tells you you're doing fine and it will all be over soon. The you feel some pressure and he says, "we're doing fine, almost there, almost done".
Then you go "Oh, oh, oh" for a couple of minutes and it's over.

He told me I did a great job, and I thanked him and told him he did a great job, as well. I actually forgot to even look at the tooth.

Darn. He probably would have let me keep it, too.

He told me that the tooth behind that one is non-functional also, which just means there is no corresponding molar on the bottom for chewing. He said that it was fine just now, but should be extracted in the future.
He also said that the one in front of the one he pulled could be saved, and he recommended that I get a root canal.
He could probably talk me into it.
Dr Michael and Monika.

I got out of there and switched my phone back on.
It was only 10:00.
The whole thing, done in half an hour, including paperwork and paying.
$55.

Now I must rest and drink tea.
I bought some cans of broth for dinner.
It's 11:18 now and I'm not hungry yet. I'm having some green tea with a bit of rum in it and laying off the vicodin until it starts hurting again. He gave me another scrip for 20 more and I suppose I should go get them so I'll have them for the weekend.

I lost the back of my phone at work. Gone. I went and searched where I thought I might have lost it, but it was gone.
I went to the phone store on 16th and Mission to get a new one because, well, you just can't run around with no back on your phone. I considered taping it up with the skull and crossbones tape, but eh. It would have just peeled off and gotten sticky and gross.
The SA was on the phone so I just held out my phone and she pointed me at the case. I looked at them. The fake Louis Vuitton, the Raiders, the 49er's, the pot leaf, the anime, hello kitty type things. The solid colors, pink, orange, green, black, purple. One with a bandana print on it. Jeebus.
When the SA finally got to me, I said, "do you have any that aren't ugly?"
She didn't understand me and said yes, this is all me have.
I finally picked a metallic sort of purple.

Now my phone looks like a 69 Camaro. $10.

They don't just sell the backs, you know, you have to get a face plate too. I suppose I could have my old gray faceplate with the purple back, but this one has a crystal that isn't scratched.
I was horrified by it at first, but now I'm sorta getting used to it.

The novocaine is wearing off and I'm getting sleepy.
Later, dudes.