Onewetleg

The Trouble With You Is You're Right

October 05, 2006

Lotr geek out moment and pants pants pants

I'm trying to find the movie quote. This is the actual one from the book, although I think part of it is missing due to the ellipse in the middle there and, uhhh, there.



"And now at last it comes. You will give me the Ring freely! In place of the Dark Lord you will set up a Queen. And I shall not be dark, but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night!" . . . She lifted up her hand and from the ring that she wore there issued a great light that illumined her alone and left all else dark. . . . Then she let her hand fall, and the light faded, and suddenly she laughed again, and lo! she was shrunken: a simple elf-woman, clad in simple white, whose gentle voice was soft and sad.
"I pass the test," she said. "I will diminish, and go into the West, and remain Galadriel." Fellowship, p. 381.



When I find the text from the movie, I will post it here. If you find it first, email me or call me or whatever.

edit:
Ok, i found it:

In place of a dark lord you shall have a queen! Not dark and terrible, but beautiful as the dawn. Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me and despair.


Just something to do while the laundry is in the dryer.

Remember the last pair of pants I got on eBnnnaasdfaayyy? Probably not. They are a nice khaki, low rise, in my size, pair of levi's ooh, this rhymes.
STOP.
ugh.
Anyway, they are gorgeous, comfy, stylin and I love them to death. They aren't jeans so I can wear them to work with out feeling like im getting the executive hairy eyeball everytime I walk through the cube maze.
Unfortunately, they are a bit stretchy. They fit really well when I first put them on but after I have worn them for an hour or so, they are falling off my butt. Not cool. just not cool. Hiking up ones pants while yelling "HIHO! My pants ride again!" is just not acceptable in an office-type setting.
Today I took them to the oh-so-convenient tailor downstairs and she is going to take them in an inch or so at the waist. Yippee! 9 bucks. Not bad, I don't think. The side of the back pocket of my jeans had come loose so I had her sew that up too. 3 bucks.
The Quest for the Perfect Pants grows twisty and complex. Can I build the perfect Frankenpants? Do I dare try to best the pants gods? What if I anger them with my arrogance? I could be cursed to "bad pants" for 7 years. By then it won't matter anyway.

Who am I kidding? Of course it will.