Onewetleg

The Trouble With You Is You're Right

July 11, 2006

I answered a question from a customer today by copyingsand pasting words from the FAQ that boss worte herself. I cc'd her on the email and I got a response from her that said, "excellent response." That made me feel nice and warm and fuzzy inside.
I think I want to have something made up to put in my cube that says "what would (bos) do?" (replacing her name, of course) so when she's gone and I'm wondering what to to I can look at that and think, what would bos do?
wwbd. I think it's catchy. Not original, of course. But I think it would work for me.
Co-worker #2 came to me with a question today while she wasn't there. Someone was asking for the shipping total and the total that #2 had was $20 over what real shipping should be.
In the business, we call that "pure profit". Buyers call it "gouging". What do they know?
Anyway, he was asking me, in a moral kind of way, should he just charge them the extra $20 or should he change it, the buyer was asking for a total at 7:30 this morning (this was around noonish. While #2 was asking me and I was thinking of my new WWBD bracelet, the buyer went ahead and paid the amount, which was $20 more than he should have.
Well, that solves the problem, right there. Once he has paid, there ain't much we can do. Add a few dollars of insurance and think of the queen. I mean, think of all the times we eat postage because of undercharging.
It may not be fair, but hey, nothing is fair.
If the buyer had waited, he could have saved $20.
I don't know what his situation is but, whatever. Out of my hands. $20 never made or broke anyone, really. Except in extreme situations.

Hell loaned me Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but I am going to wait to watch it this weekend with E and Jr.
Don't tell me how it ends.

Today for lunch nothing really looked good at the deli, so I ordered the vegan salami on rye with swiss and sprouts and onions. Just because I had never tried vegan salami before. I didn't ask, but I'm pretty sure it was the wheat gluten kind. I think there is some kind of tranquilizer in vegan salami. After lunch today I felt like my chair was kind of floating. Twas rather strange, but it didn't last long.

I have Friday and Monday off. Yay, four day weekend. What the heck am I gonna do with myself?