Onewetleg

The Trouble With You Is You're Right

June 27, 2006

I really should start writing on a more regular basis. I don't feel like i can really open up about my job anymore so i don't have anything to rant about. Plus I actually like my job now so, there goes that.
Tman called me last night. He's clean for one year now. It's been a year since he left. He is working and living in a sober house back east there in Sacramento. He says he doesn't read me anymore. He's happy that I have met someone nice and that egg is gone.
I very rarely see egg anymore. I saw him walking down the street a while ago. He hugged me and told me about some magazine he's writing for. I don't remember the name. He has called me a couple of times but I don't pick up. He yelled at my window two nights in a row last week. I didn't answer.

It's been a year now and I am really better off. No more fighting and stress.
A year since I got the job at the estore. That helped immensely. I am a lot better off financially now. I must stop spending on eVilbay.
Must.

I think I want to delete my, uh my space account. I never look at the thing and I'm afraid a bunch of people think they can contact me there and I'm missing their messages.
If you messaged me there and I didn't answer, that's why. It's not because I'm a cold, selfish person. Although, I am. Cold and selfish, that it.
Oh, stop, you flatter me...

I am, too.

I bought a laundry hamper and I love it. I put my dirty clothes in it. No more pile. There isn't enough room for a dirty clothes pile in here (she noticed three years later).
I line it with a plastic bag and then when I want to do wash I just grab the bag and run. No guesswork, no questions, no sniffing. Is it clean? Is it dirty? If it's in the hamper, it's dirty.
What an absolutely brilliant idea. Why didn't you tell me about these things?
It has improved the landscape in here a great deal.
Now if I could just get the CLEAN clothes into the drawers...

I think I lost my favorite towel. It was big and blue and thirsty and soft and bleach-stained. The last I remember seeing it was a week or so back in the morning I took it to the bathroom and I haven't seen it since. The last cleaning lady would have washed it and folded it and put it on the shelf in the hall by the back door. This one probably threw it away. She threw away my dishrag. I saw it on the ground next to the trashcans one morning. She threw away all my dishes and my dishrack and gods know what else. I guess the message is, don't leave your crap in the kitchen. Ok.
Got it.

Today I received another one of the many Vera Bradley purses I bought on eVilbay (I don't know if you remember the Chicken purse, do you? If not, comment and I will go dig out the photo. It's buried in photobucket somewhere. ick. I don't like to think about it. I really need to organize in there). It's another chicken purse. This one is a backpack in the discontinued Chanticleer pattern. Cheep. $62.00.
I needed a new backpack my old one is falling apart, so hush, you. I don't have to justify my addictions to you! Hobbies. I mean hobbies. What did I say?

I got my free sample of Olay Regenerist. Whenever they offer me stuff from Olay, I take it. I have a bunch of little tubes of the different kinds laying around. I love moisturizer and slather it around my eyes and on my neck a few times a day.
I use the Olay Complete daily with spf 15 or something like that. I like to wear a sunscreen because the sun isn't what it used to be. It used to be healthy and good for you. Now it's a big scary beast that will burn you and give you cancer.
Cancer. From the sun. Imagine that.

But moisturizer. That stuff is expensive! $8 for a bottle of moisturizer. And that is what they call mid priced. Yeah, that's what I said, too. Pfft.
I do like the stuff. It's not greasy and I don't know if it's really helping but I haven't had a sunburn since I started using. No new wrinkles either.

I have been noticing more grey hair. Lovely little shiny threads at my temples and on my crown. Those are just the ones I can see. I can only imagine what is going on in the back. I never look back there. There is one in my hairline that's been there for years. I don't even know how long. Jeez. 39.
I'm gonna be 39.

Get me moisturizer for all subsequent birthdays, ok?

Work is going well. We are making goals and breaking records all the time. We will be moving the store location to the new room in the basement at the end of the week. Thurs or Fri, I don't remember which.
I just want to get it over with. We will be doing inventory on the same day, oh joy. So it's going to be count it, pack it, move it. We get to keep our storage "cage" on the warehouse floor, so that is nice. Maybe we can set up the laptop in there and use it, hmm.
I really can't wait to get into the new place. It's going to be bigger, quieter, more storage and away from people wandering in and out lost. Far away. It will mean walking up and down two flights of stairs to get in and out, so that will be some exersise, anyway.
It's going to be good.

I'm going to go to bed.

Night.