Onewetleg

The Trouble With You Is You're Right

June 07, 2006

I Am Woman

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments on the last post. You love it when I have angst, don't you? Yes, you do... whose a supportive reader? You are! Yes, you are! Who's the most bestest one? You know you are! Oh, and so smart and good looking!

Sorry, the meds are still in effect. I feel goofy but not dizzy or lightheaded at all. Just silly. I feel silly. I laugh at everything.

Erik came and got me after work today and we went to the park with a six pack. Lovely, lovely. Hands were held, looks were exchanged. Kisses were kissed.

Everything is fine, of course. Silly brain! When will you learn?

When I had to pee it was still early enough that the restrooms weren't closed so I didn't have to pee behind the restrooms building. Also, the carousel was running because it's summer. I didn't go down there but I could see it spinning from where I was sitting.

I was singing this song in the shower last night. After the angsty, doped up ramble.

I recommend it because you can make up new words if you can't remember the real ones.

I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back and pretend
cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

Oh, yes, I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong
I am invincible
I am woman

You can bend but never break me
cause it only serves to make me
More determined to achieve my final goal
And I come back even stronger
Not a novice any longer
cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul

I am woman watch me grow
See me standing toe to toe
As I spread my lovin' arms across the land
But I'm still an embryo
With a long long way to go
Until I make my brother understand


Do the chorus again. Make sure you have shampoo in your hair, but don't get any in your eyes.

-Artist: Helen Reddy
-peak Billboard position # 1 for 1 week in 1972
-Words and Music by Helen Reddy and Ray Burton

I remember this song from the very beginnings of my memories. It's right up there with Delta Dawn and anything by the Beatles or Steve Miller Band.

Two people that I care about got arrested today for doing dumb stuff. One has probably already been released because he is underage. The other I have a strange feeling might not get out right away.

I maybe might got to this music festival this weekend.

Bos is going on vacation to attend (e*B a y *L i v e !)in V eg as next week. I think she may be taking the whole week off, not sure yet.
This means I will be in charge.
IN CHARGE
Don't mess with me, boys. I'm in charge.

I am scared shitless.