Onewetleg

The Trouble With You Is You're Right

May 24, 2006

Bad me. Not updating for five days. tsk, tsk.

I haven't been home in the evenings much lately and a moratorium has been put on personal business on the work computer.
This computer is running slower than ever. I have a million more excuses.

The weather has been great and I've been running around. We went to Hayward yesterday so he could buy another car. This one is a volvo stationwagon type thing. It kind of feels like riding in a mini-van. It's boxy. It's safe. It's white.
When I opened up the passenger door I found a little wasp nest with a real live pulsating wasp hovering over it. The wasp and nest were dispatched by the car seller with a spray bottle and we got back in. I said, "gee, that bug spray smells really good." and Erik said, "Oh, it was spray and wash.".

We drove back to the city via the San Mateo bridge at sunset and the view was gorgeous. It's been many years since I've been over that bridge.
He always takes me on the most beautiful trips. I'm very grateful for that. Tears come to my eyes sometimes when we come out of the Waldo Tunnel heading to the city and I see the Golden Gate poking up into the fog, or standing in the clear sunshine.
We drive past the sign that says "101 North, Eureka" and I think, "That way is home". but it's not. Keep driving until you get to the bridge. That's the way home.

I have been writing more guides for eVilbay. If you want to read them, please do. If that link doesn't take you there, I'm sorry. It's 4am. That's nighttime for me.
Be sure to cast a vote. Maybe someday I will be in the top 100. Maybe. They certainly aren't literary masterpieces, but they do get publicity for our store and that's what it's all about.

Why am I awake?