Onewetleg

The Trouble With You Is You're Right

March 08, 2006

I am:
elated
confused
a little buzzed
self-sufficient
unsure
lonely
happy
cold
proud of myself
smart
funny
considerate
selfish
shy
adoring
intolerant
easily amused
quick to anger
quick to forgive
obsessive
bold
worried
ashamed
silly
organized

my co worker offered to buy me a steak dinner tomorrow because I have been buying him lunch this week since he's broke (why am I always buying men things? why?)
He said "let's go get a nice steak."
"But I don't really like steak that much."
"You are the hardest woman to please I have ever met."
"No, really, I'm not."
I will never understand why people think buying me things I don't want is nice.
Or why when I say, "I don't like that", people want to point out how different I am.
I had a conversation with a friend today about eating food without meat in it. She said she just doesn't get full unless the food she eats has red meat in it.
I'm not a vegetarian, but meat, eh, I can take it or leave it. That's the way I was raised. Most of the meat we ate was animals from our own farm. Chicken, rabbit, goat. Very little beef.
I like the stuff. It's delicious. But to sit and eat a whole steak? ghh. Even for a big girl like me, thats a lot of beef.
I can go for days without eating meat and not even think about it.

================================================

Work is lovely.
Sales are good.
I love my job more than I ever have in my life.
My boss is an angel from heaven and my co-workers, while they can be annoying, are smart and funny and I wouldn't trade them for all the money in the world.

=================================================

I just remembered that I'm very good at communicating with people that speak another language.
Maybe I should volunteer to teach ESL