Onewetleg

The Trouble With You Is You're Right

July 23, 2006

Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 01:44:53 -0700

From: "Shelley Jackson"

Subject: SKIN goes west

Dear Words, future Words, and other friends of
the SKIN project:

My new book HALF LIFE goes on sale on Tuesday!
I'll send an official announcement in a few days,
and of course I hope that you will all support
your hardworking author (and the endangered cause of
literary freakdom in general) by buying a copy,
or two, or three. (Pile enough of them up and you
could make yourself an igloo, or a podium!)

But here is even more urgent news: I am reading
in Berkeley, San Francisco, Portland, and Seattle
THIS COMING WEEK, July 24-29. Please come. And
step up and introduce yourself after the show!

Words, I will be bringing with me a limited
number of copies of the story and certificate--the
very first ones off the press. ("Press" being my
inkjet printer and a sewing machine.) If you have
already sent in your photographs and form, or can
bring them with you when you come, I will give you
your stamped, signed copy in person. How about
that?!

I hope to see you there.

Cordially,
Your Author, Shelley Jackson


WEST COAST READINGS:

Dog Eared Books (I used to work there!)
900 Valencia St (@ 20th), San Francisco
(415)282-1901
This Monday, July 24, 8 PM



I can see this store from my window. Well, I could if that dumb building wasn't there.
I don't have the hard copy of the photo of the word. I have a xerox copy. I wonder if I showed up with that if she would spit on me and rip the word out by it's roots?
I think I'll try it and find out.
It would be nice to meet her, anyway and if I could have a signed copy of the story, to finally be able to read it, to circle my word...
hehe.



  


In case you don't know, I am part of a literary performance art type thing that has to do with about 2000 people getting a short story tattooed on them, one word per person.