Onewetleg

The Trouble With You Is You're Right

August 02, 2006

Poor, dear, neglected diary,

Bos is gone now and I am groping around in the dark trying to complete the tasks that were left behind. No one else knows what to do either.
I have some refunds to try to make, both pretty substantial ones that require detective work.
The bigger boss is interviewing for the position but that doesn't mean the new person will know what to do either.

I wake up happy pretty much every morning. I have been drinking a lot less and washing my hair more.
Since Bos isn't there to deflect it, I have been wearing office clothes to the office, too.
I hate office clothes, they make me feel like a tool. It's not like I hang out in cubicleland and go to meetings all the time. I work in the basement and in the warehouse. I should get to wear jeans if I want.
Anyway.

I have been drinking less. I have been going on with my daily ritual of buying a six pack of good beer and coming home, messing around online for a while, taking a tylenolpm at 8 and falling asleep at 10 or so, most nights.
The other day while taking out the trash, I found eight beers in bags, still in the carboard things.

I always put the empties back in the carboard thing in the bag, that way I can take them to the trash all easy peasy like.

Eight beers! This was in like three bags, I think.

I put them all in one bag and took out the empties with the rest of the trash.

Of course they all disappeared over the weekend.

Monday I bought a sixpack, came home, etc. Got up, went to work and came home with another six pack Tuesday night (I know, this is really boring. it's mine. go on, then). There were still four left in the one I had gotten Monday. I went again through my nightly routine, and also did some laundry, took out the trash, took a bath and rooted through one of my dressers looking for dental floss.

I can't believe that there is no floss in this place.
I need to buy some. For sewing. Unwaxed. I went to the Bell market in MV and all they had was waxed.

You can't sew with waxed, the wax balls up and it's a mess.
Can somebody give me a WITNESS!

Tonight I got home with my six pack, went to get the trash ready to take out and found that I had a whole six pack left.

Now I'm sitting here with a half-rack.

...

There was a time when I would have had a terrible headache tomorrow at work. Probably not smelled very good or been very coherent before 10am and/or three cups of coffee which would have only served to make me jittery and bitchy, not to mention stinky and disheveled.

Don't get me wrong, because I am far from sober. Miles and miles. The bus to sober quit running a while ago. I think I lost my transfer, anyway.

======


I finally got the last Vera Bradley that I bought from eeeeBBBBBaaaayyy.
It's a hanging organizer and it's tight as fuck! (pardon my language. that means realy, really well designed and nicely made) I love this thing. It's replacing my old shower bag that just had one pocket and is falling apart from being treated the way I treat stuff.

This one is in three sections that fold up, ties closed, three clear, zipper pockets inside and one not see-through zipper pocket. You know, for your 'pons and stuff.

You just unroll it and hang it on the hook and la-dee-da, away we go!

It's also apple green which is my favorite pattern right now, after chanticleer (think chicken purse).
It took almost two weeks to get here, but here it is. Good. I can use it this weekend if I go anywhere.