Onewetleg

The Trouble With You Is You're Right

July 26, 2006

forces are conspiring to keep me from writing.
The reading went well. Ms Shelley Jackson was very nice and I was the second word ever to get the certificate and manuscript.
The story is called "Skin" appropriately enough and it's about a mythical land where skin grows over everything. Of course it's confidential and I am contractually bound not to reprint it in any way shape or form, but if you come over, I will let you read it.
Because I like you.

I joined a community at livejournal called "mortal work of art" and it's chock full of other words who are in various stages of the process.

This heat wave we have been having seems to have broken but it's still really hot where I work because there is no air in the basement.
We have fans in our cubes and a huge fan by the door, but it's still always hot. Bos has a electronic thermometer thing and it usually says about 74 or so with 56% humidity. That may not sound too hot. It wouldn't be too hot if you were outside with a breeze, but in the stuffy, dusty basement, it's hot.

Oh, I reworked and posted the story of the toilet over at Ubersite. It was my first post on a rather brutal forum. I've been reading for a year or so but never had anything I thought was "Uber-worthy" before. I actually got a pretty good reaction, if a low review score and a nice guy said I did good! Yay me!